Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Beach and castle trip
Beach and castle trip
I took Matthew for a day out in Manorbier today, visiting the castle and beach. The castle was better than I had expected, and Matthew enjoyed exploring it. To add to the interest, there were some mock up figures and even toys in some of the rooms - Matthew enjoyed putting on a knights outfit, sitting on a throne and finding what looked like a treasure chest. We played a brief game of hide and seek, and then went to look at a Falconry Display, which Matthew quite enjoyed initially but also was a little afraid of the birds so we left.
After the castle we visited the beach and Matthew had fun as usual jumping in the sea. We attempted to build a fancy sandcastle with a moat, but found it difficult to fill the moat with water using the bucket as the sand kept absorbing it and so tried to build a channel to the sea to collect the waves. Unfortunately the tide was on the way out and so the best we could do was half-fill the moat - and gave up to go for lunch. Matthew destroyed the castle, and of course shortly after this a huge wave crashed over the remains which would have nicely filled the moat!
Matthew enjoyed his lunch of pasta followed by strawberry ice-cream while I tucked in to mackerel pate on toast. We then purchased a kite in the shop, but unfortunately I couldnt get it to work when we got back to the beach and it ended up in a tangled mess! Matthew was brilliant - he didnt seem to mind at all and was happy to splash in the sea again. We then climbed over some rocks and had a look in rock pools before going to collect Daniel from Grandmas to visit the dentist.
The dentist gave Matthews teeth a clean bill of health although did say that he needs to brush the bottom of his teeth and gums a little better. I asked about the colour of his teeth (which Louise had expressed some concern over) and was reassured to hear that it is perfectly normal - especially for his new adult teeth, which naturally have more of a yellow tint than baby teeth - although if he can brush better they would be slightly whiter. Matthew had a Spiderman sticker for his efforts.
This week for the first time Ive noticed Matthew has a few freckles. I was surprised as I thought they would have shown by now.










download now